Similar to the identification of products via scanning their barcode, the identification of organisms is based on so-called DNA-barcodes. These standardized DNA sequences are specific to each species and allow for the identification of an unknown sample via a comparison with a reference database for reliably identified species. For this, DNA is usually extracted from tissue samples, barcode DNA is then sequenced and compared with the DNA sequences in the database. DNA-barcoding allows for a rapid and reliable taxonomic identification of most animals, plants and fungi.
- Extraction of total DNA.
- Copying of a certain geneomic region (DNA Barcode) via general primers or specifically developed molecular probes.
- Reading, processing and subsequent comparison of the of DNA sequence with reference databases for molecular species identification.
We will be happy to complete the entire job for you – but you can also choose for certain parts within the process. We will act in accordance to your demand please contact us.
What you get:
- An overview on the molecular approach that has been applied.
- The raw data of your analysis.
- The results of the molecular species identification.
- Moreover, our experts are available for guiding you specifically for your needs and ongoing support.
We will be happy to provide you with anything else besides that. So, if you need further analysis, please contact us.
What we need:
- The analysis starts with your sample(s) that has/have been sent to Sinsoma. Alternatively, we can also start with DNA-extracts.
- Make sure that your samples/DNA-extracts are conserved according to the requirements of eDNA analysis (frozen or in ethanol> 70%).
- Customized sampling kits and protocols are available for your disposal to make sure that your samples will arrive our labs in an optimal state.
Your personal requirements may vary according upon your specific needs. For details please contact us.