Metabarcoding is a rapid method for biodiversity assessment combining two technologies: high-throughput DNA sequencing via next generation sequencing and DNA based species identification. Based on this method it is possible, to characterize the species spectrum in an environmental sample or the trophic interactions of a given species for example. The huge datasets require comprehensive bioinformatic analyses. The applicability of this method for detecting rare species is limited (in this case we rather recommend the diagnostic multiplex PCR). However, such metabarcode data sets are taxonomically comprehensive and highly time efficient for identifying bulk samples.
- A sample containing a mixture of different species (e.g. in faeces, gut contents, etc.) or bulked samples are the basis of the analysis.
- DNA of all organisms in your sample are extracted.
- Copying of a certain geneomic region (DNA Barcode) via general primer or group specific molecular probes.
- Reading, processing and subsequent comparison of the of different DNA sequencse with reference databases for molecular identification of the species spectrum.
We will be happy to complete the entire job for you – but you can also choose for certain parts within the process. We will act in accordance to your demand please contact us.
What you get:
- An overview on the molecular approach that has been applied.
- The raw data of your analysis.
- The results of the identification of the species composition in your sample.
- Moreover, our experts are available for guiding you specifically for your needs and ongoing support.
We will be happy to provide you with anything else besides that. So, if you need further analysis, please contact us.
What we need:
- The analysis starts with your sample(s) that has/have been sent to Sinsoma. Alternatively, we can also start with DNA-extracts.
- Make sure that your samples/DNA-extracts are conserved according to the requirements of eDNA analysis (frozen or in ethanol> 70%).
- Customized sampling kits and protocols are available for your disposal to make sure that your samples will arrive our labs in an optimal state.
Your personal requirements may vary according upon your specific needs. For details please contact us.